Lisa has a broad range of litigation and trial experience, with a particular focus on municipal defense, employment discrimination, condemnation and general business litigation.
Lisa represents municipalities in a full spectrum of matters in state and federal court, including cases that involve:
- excessive force allegations
- breach of contract
- zoning disputes
- equal protection claims
- Section 1981 and Section 1983 claims
She also functions as Town Attorney for the Town of Stoneville, North Carolina.
Public and private sector clients turn to Lisa to protect their interests in labor & employment litigation involving race, gender and age discrimination, as well as matters involving the Family and Medical Leave Act. Lisa also assists clients with position statement responses to EEOC charges and general employment counseling.
Lisa has represented dozens of property owners in condemnation and inverse condemnation proceedings against the North Carolina Department of Transportation, including cases related to the Greensboro Urban Loop project. She helps clients maximize just compensation when government entities seize their homes or undertake construction projects that lower the value of their property.
Lisa also handles a variety of business litigation matters, including cases involving breach of contract, breach of noncompetition clauses, Woodson and Pleasant claims.
Before Fox Rothschild
Lisa was a senior associate at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
While in law school, she served as editor in chief of the North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology and received the 2010 Gressman-Pollitt Award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy, Best Overall; Ferebee Taylor Award for UNC Honor System, Chancellor's Award; Hampton Shuping Prize for Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chancellor's Award; Hal Kearns Reynolds Class of 1924 Memorial Scholarship; and Jimmy Garrell-Tabor City Award for Excellence in Leadership.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Lisa volunteers with Lawyer on the Line, a partnership of the North Carolina Bar Association Foundation and Legal Aid of North Carolina. She co-chaired the Triad Associates' Drive for Legal Aid and participated in Smith Moore Leatherwood's Meals on Heels Group. She is a member of the Class of 2015 of Other Voices, a leadership development and community-building experience of the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce.
It's Just Business Blog
Lisa contributes to this blog, which provides analyses of North Carolina Business Court decisions. The goal of this blog is to arm businesses with the information they need to adjust their legal strategies as the case law evolves.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Charles F. Blanchard Young Lawyer of the Year Award (2019)
- Named to the Triad Business Journal's 40 Under 40 list (2018)
- Recognized in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for "Young Guns" (2019-2020) and Litigation (2020)
- Included in a list of North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, for Business Litigation (2017-2019)
- Named to North Carolina Super Lawyers, Listed Business Litigation Rising Stars (2018)
- Greensboro Bar Association's Herb Falk Society
- North Carolina Bar Association Leadership Academy, 2016