Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Real Property Law Specialist, Lloyd represents financial institutions, corporations and institutional investors in connection with their national real estate equity investment and financing activities. He assists insurance companies, investment funds and banks in structuring and closing investment and financing transactions, including joint ventures and partnerships; acquisitions and sales of commercial real estate; mortgage lending and development; and corporate real estate sale and lease-backs.
Served as counsel to institutional investors in the placement of more than $2 billion of joint venture equity in the last five years, including:
- $100 million equity participation in a major downtown Minneapolis office tower (as counsel to a major international banking institution).
- $60 million joint venture to acquire a portfolio of six Class A office buildings in Cleveland (as regional JV counsel to a major financial institution across a 17-state area).
- $150 million equity investment in a multiuse residential/commercial development in the southeastern U.S. (as national JV counsel to a publicly held natural resource company).
Acquisitions and Sales of Commercial Real Estate
- $400 million disposition of a 17-state portfolio of model homes and lots for a major national mortgage lender.
- $50 million acquisition of a portfolio of five Class A buildings in Chicago (as national counsel to a major insurance company in connection with its real estate equity investments).
- $120 million bridge loan for a downtown Minneapolis office tower for a major national banking client.
- $140 million mortgage loan on a major Chicago downtown office tower (as regional lending counsel to a major national financial services corporation).
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Lloyd was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Lloyd was a member of the Special Joint Bar Association Committee that drafted the Minnesota LLC Act.
Honors & Awards
- Named as one of the leading real estate attorneys in Minnesota by Chambers USA (2005-2018)
- Named among the Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law (2007-2019)
- Named a "Minnesota Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2003-2018)
- Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Real Property Law Specialist