Lori is a dynamic labor and employment attorney who combines a sophisticated grasp of business strategy, extensive litigation skills and deep experience with traditional labor.
As both a litigator and traditional labor lawyer, she has led industry-shaping cases and has defended employers before a range of courts and administrative forums, earning impressive jury trial successes in disability, harassment and retaliation cases. However, Lori's overall philosophy is to help employers proactively mitigate legal risks, galvanize workforces and create internal environments that set a course for greater profitability.
Employers frequently rely on Lori to defend their interests, including in class and collective actions, before federal and state courts and administrative agencies in matters involving a range of state and federal laws, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Notably, Lori was a lead attorney in the PCC Structurals case (365 NLRB No. 160, 2017), which changed labor law in favor of employers, by convincing the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) to overturn Specialty Healthcare (357 NLRB No. 83, 2011), a case that had made it easier for unions to organize small groups of employees (micro units). Lori regularly represents employers before the NLRB, defends clients in grievance arbitrations and provides labor relations counselling (including formulating comprehensive and strategic union avoidance tactics).
Described by clients as engaging, entertaining and informative, Lori's preventive counselling and training instructs executives, supervisors and employees on various workplace improvement topics that include harassment prevention, respectful relationships, effective communication and leadership, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and union avoidance.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Lori was a partner in the Labor, Employment & Benefits Group at an international law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Lori serves as an adjunct professor at Temple University’s Beasley School of Law where she teaches Employment Discrimination Law. She also serves as a mediator in the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program.
- Obtained a jury verdict on behalf of manufacturing client in a federal “sex plus” discrimination and retaliation case under Title VII
- Obtained a jury verdict on behalf of a health care client in a case involving claims under the Americans With Disabilities Act and Family and Medical Leave Act
- Tried a Title VII sex harassment and retaliation case before a federal jury, resulting in a positive resolution for manufacturing client that included the resignation of the plaintiff
- Obtained an arbitrator’s award on behalf of auto dealer client in defense of a New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act (whistleblower) claim
- Successfully defended national transportation company in disability discrimination litigation brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Obtained summary judgment for employer in age discrimination case in which plaintiff alleged failure to promote and discriminatory termination
- Won motion to dismiss national origin claim for energy client
Honors & Awards
- Philadelphia Super Lawyers (2013-present)
- Women to Watch, Philly Biz (2017)
- “Lawyer on the Fast Track,” The Legal Intelligencer (2006)