Kevin is certified by the Supreme Court of South Carolina as a Specialist in Bankruptcy and Debtor-Creditor Law. He is member of the firm's Litigation group, focusing on business, commercial, and real estate litigation with an emphasis on creditors' rights and bankruptcy.
Kevin has experience representing banks, trade creditors (including in the healthcare, transportation, and agriculture industries) and other financial services companies in workouts, mortgage foreclosures, and debt collection matters in which creditors are seeking to recover on troubled assets or seeking to recover under conversion or fraud theories. He also represents creditors and others in defending lender liability actions and consumer suits, including FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, RESPA, ECOA and other federal and state consumer protection laws.
In the bankruptcy realm, Kevin assists in protecting creditors’ and others’ rights by pursuing relief from stay, defending rights in the context of a 363 sale, objecting to dischargeability of certain debts, defending preference or fraudulent transfer claims, or even simply filing proofs of claim.
Kevin represents businesses in a variety of contract disputes and business torts including veil piercing or alter ego actions, breach of fiduciary duty actions, successor liability actions, or unfair trade practices actions.
Kevin's practice further involves real estate litigation, including handling title insurance claims, quiet title actions and partition actions, as well as landlord/tenant eviction and collection matters.
Before Fox Rothschild
Kevin was a partner at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
An active member of the Greenville community, Kevin currently serves on the board of Compass of Carolina, a nonprofit counseling agency, and is a member of Leadership Greenville Class 43. He has previously served as both a loaned executive and office campaign coordinator for the Greenville County United Way.
Kevin was selected as an honoree for Greenville Business Magazine’s 2016 Best & Brightest, as well as South Carolina Lawyers Weekly’s 2017 Leadership in Law. He co-chaired the 2016 and 2017 South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Annual Seminar, and was appointed by the South Carolina Bankruptcy Court to serve on the 2017 Advisory Committee on Local Rules and Practice. He was also awarded the “very prestigious” Good Egg Award by his colleagues at Smith Moore Leatherwood in 2011.
Kevin was invited to serve as an associate member of the inaugural group of the J. Bratton Davis Bankruptcy American Inn of Court in 2018.
Kevin is a “Double Gamecock,” having received his juris doctorate, cum laude, from the University of South Carolina School of Law, and his bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from the University of South Carolina Honors College's Darla Moore School of Business.
His academic honors include:
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- South Carolina Law Review, Research Editor
- CALI Awards in Civil Procedure II and Trusts & Estates
Honors & Awards
- Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy and Debtor-Creditor Law, South Carolina Supreme Court
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Commercial Litigation and Litigation - Real Estate in South Carolina by Best Lawyers (2021)
- Recognized among the “Legal Elite” by Greenville Business Magazine for Bankruptcy & Creditor's Rights Law (2016-2020), Business Litigation (2020) and Foreclosure (2015)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, Listed Creditor Debtor Rights (2017-2020)
- Greenville Business Magazine’s Best & Brightest (2016)
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly "Leadership in Law," (2017)
- Leadership Greenville Class 43 (2016)
- Good Egg Award by his colleagues at SML (2011)