Magdalena practices in the areas of:
- bankruptcy law
- financial transactions
- commercial litigation
She represents parties involved in bankruptcy cases nationwide, but primarily in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, including:
- Chapter 7 and 11 trustees
- creditors committees
- secured and unsecured creditors
Magdalena serves as a mediator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey, and in May 2018 was appointed to serve as an arbitrator for the Arbitration Program in the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, Court of Common Pleas, Trial Division — Civil.
Before Fox Rothschild
Magdalena’s experience includes:
- law clerk for the Hon. Mitchel Goldberg, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California
- law clerk for the Hon. Rosemary Gambardella, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the District of New Jersey
- paralegal for Community Legal Services in Philadelphia
- work for the Food Research and Action Center in Washington, D.C.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Magdalena served as a volunteer attorney for the Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Program in the city of Philadelphia from June 2007 to September 2016. Her pro bono services have been recognized by the judiciary in Philadelphia as exemplary and she was named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania's Pro Bono Roll of Honor in 2008, 2009 and 2010. In September 2016, Magdalena was appointed as a Judge Pro Tem for the Foreclosure Diversion Program in Philadelphia, where she serves on a volunteer basis.
Active in her local community, Magdalena has been a member of the Youth Aid Panel for the Township of Middletown since October 2007 and served as a member of the Financial Advisory Committee from January 2007 through December 2010.