Mark has a far-reaching complex business litigation practice in which he represents manufacturers, medical device companies, banks, railroads and other clients in a wide variety of matters including trade secrets, product liability, employment and contract disputes.
Mark’s recent work includes
- Defending and counseling medical device manufacturers with respect to independent sales representative termination issues
- Protecting the interests of manufacturers in the firearms, construction equipment, and other industries against product liability suits, including asbestos torts
- Representing railroads in complex commercial disputes and high stakes injury and death cases
Mark’s work also includes litigating disputes among manufacturers, dealers, and distributors involving termination, nonpayment and competition, and defending banks and other financial institutions against consumer claims brought under state and federal consumer protection laws, including class actions.
Known as practical and objective, Mark counsels clients seeking to implement policies and procedures designed to reduce litigation risk. When litigation is unavoidable, Mark is a credible and results-oriented advocate in court and arbitration.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Mark was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. During law school, he was a member of the Order of the Coif and was editor-in-chief of the Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems journal.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Mark serves on the board of Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN), a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to using the power of volunteers to protect and enforce the legal rights of low-income Minnesotans. Mark also participates in the Tubman Safety Project, which provides pro bono legal representation to low-income victims of domestic violence who are seeking orders of protection. He also volunteers at the Children’s Law Center, which helps tackle legal challenges facing children in foster care.
Additionally, Mark coaches youth soccer in his free time.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by The Minnesota State Bar Association (2012-2014, 2016, 2017)
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2008-2009, 2015-2017)
- Recipient, Oppenheimer Pro Bono Award (2005)
- Recipient, Oppenheimer Community Service Award (2011)