Mark concentrates his practice in labor and employment issues confronting school entities in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
As part of his labor practice, Mark is chief negotiator for a number of school districts involved in collective bargaining with their professional and support staff unions. Mark’s practice also includes defending clients before the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, the EEOC and in state and federal court.
Mark also serves as general counsel and solicitor for a number of school entities in Pennsylvania. In addition, as a member of the firm’s Education Law Group, Mark’s practice includes defending school districts and intermediate units in all phases of litigation, from state level administrative hearings to commonwealth and federal court proceedings, in matters pertaining to:
- Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Age Discrimination Employment Act (ADEA)
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers "Rising Star" list (2010-2011, 2013, 2015-2018)