Marsha is a seasoned trial and appellate lawyer with years of experience in litigation involving business disputes, product liability, insurance, personal injury and torts.
Businesses of all sizes rely on Marsha’s multifaceted experience to guide them through the most complex legal problems through litigation, arbitration and appeal. She is a former Colorado Court of Appeals Judge.
Marsha’s practice focuses on appellate law, complex commercial litigation, and products liability litigation. She regularly serves as counsel assisting out-of-state legal teams with their Colorado cases. Marsha also serves as an arbitrator and mediator in commercial and business disputes. She speaks and writes on a range of issues involving complex commercial litigation, business litigation, product liability litigation, litigation management and appellate law.
As a trial lawyer, Marsha has been a partner with top litigation firms in Colorado. She has represented corporate clients on a national level and served as local counsel working in conjunction with corporate legal departments. She has been a lead attorney directing trial teams in matters involving multi-million dollar claims in high-stakes litigation. For many years, Marsha protected consumer product companies in industries involving vaccines, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, insurance and manufacturing.
As an appellate attorney, Marsha has handled cases at the state and federal levels. Her appellate work has involved insurance coverage, toxic torts, product liability, commercial litigation, trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty appeals. Marsha’s experience and years of practice as a litigator and appellate lawyer have made her a respected and trusted resource for professionals and businesses involved in complex litigation matters.
- Served as regional trial counsel for a global biological manufacturer and was responsible for coordinating numerous product liability cases in a region stretching from the Pacific Northwest to Texas.
- Lead counsel in numerous product liability cases and participated on a trial team coordinating hundreds of cases throughout the country, ultimately securing successful dismissals of these cases. Served as trial counsel obtaining summary judgment in product liability cases involving failure to warn and defective design.
- Member of the national trial counsel team for an international consumer product manufacturer based in Colorado.
- Represented clients in medical device and pharmaceutical litigation. Responsible for handling experts including depositions and trial testimony in complicated disciplines such as epidemiology, immunology, neuroimmunology, rheumatology, psychiatry, neurology, ophthalmology, pharmacology, oncology, orthopedics, toxicology and neurotoxicology.
- Lead counsel for a defendant in multi-million dollar putative class actions and was successful in having cases dismissed early in the litigation.
- Member of trial team representing a uranium milling company in a five-week jury trial in a toxic tort case involving multiple plaintiffs alleging personal injury and property damage. Continued to represent the client through the Tenth Circuit appeal wherein the jury verdict was successfully reversed in client’s favor.
- Appellate counsel responsible for appeals involving insurance coverage, toxic torts, product liability, commercial litigation, trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty.
Before Fox Rothschild
Marsha was a partner with Rollin Braswell Fisher LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Marsha was appointed by the Colorado Supreme Court to serve as Chair of the Colorado Supreme Court Committee on Pattern Civil Jury Instructions.
Honors & Awards
- Top Appellate Lawyer, 5280 Magazine (2018)
- Named among the Best Lawyers in America for Appellate Practice (2011-2013, 2019)
- Named among the Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability – Defendant (2013)
- Named among the Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability – Litigation (2012)
- Colorado Super Lawyers (2007-2011)
- Rated 10/10 by Avvo
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®