Marsha is a trial and appellate lawyer with years of experience in litigation involving business disputes, product liability, insurance, personal injury and torts. She is a former Colorado Court of Appeals Judge and Co-Chair of the firm’s Appellate Practice Group.
Businesses of all sizes rely on Marsha to navigate their most complex legal problems through litigation, arbitration and appeal. Her practice focuses on appellate law, complex commercial litigation and products liability litigation. She has served as lead trial and appellate counsel in complex commercial and business disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country involving business torts, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and duty of loyalty, tortious interference with contract, special districts, fraud, civil theft, negligence, constitutional questions and other issues. Marsha also serves as an arbitrator in commercial and business disputes.
Marsha has represented corporate clients on a national level and served as counsel working in conjunction with corporate legal departments. She has been a lead attorney directing trial teams in high-stakes litigation involving multimillion-dollar claims. For many years, Marsha protected consumer product companies in industries involving vaccines, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, insurance and manufacturing. She regularly serves as counsel assisting out-of-state legal teams with their Colorado cases.
As an appellate judge, Marsha authored more than 200 opinions and served on three-judge panels deciding hundreds of other civil and criminal cases involving complex and novel legal concepts. As an appellate attorney, Marsha has handled cases at the state and federal levels. These matters have involved business torts, breach of contract, insurance coverage, toxic torts, product liability, commercial litigation, trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty appeals. Marsha’s judiciary experience and years of practice as a litigator and appellate lawyer have made her a respected and trusted resource for professionals and businesses involved in complex litigation.
In addition, Marsha is the chair of the Colorado Supreme Court’s Committee on Pattern Jury Instructions. Named to the committee in 2004, she was appointed chair in 2009 by the Colorado Supreme Court. As chair, she leads a team of attorneys who research, draft, update and publish the jury instructions used in all Colorado civil jury trials.
- Lead trial counsel for one of the world’s largest vaccine manufacturers in a region from the Pacific Northwest to Texas. Supervised teams of lawyers, paralegals and local counsel and managed multimillion-dollar legal budgets.
- Lead counsel in numerous product liability cases. Participated on a trial team coordinating hundreds of cases throughout the country, ultimately securing successful dismissals of these cases. Served as trial counsel obtaining summary judgment in product liability cases involving failure to warn and defective design.
- Member of the national trial counsel team for an international consumer product manufacturer based in Colorado.
- Represented clients in medical device and pharmaceutical litigation. Responsible for handling experts including depositions and trial testimony in complicated disciplines such as epidemiology, immunology, neuroimmunology, rheumatology, psychiatry, neurology, ophthalmology, pharmacology, oncology, orthopedics, toxicology and neurotoxicology.
- Lead counsel for a defendant in multimillion-dollar putative class actions. Succeeded in having cases dismissed early in the litigation.
- Member of trial team representing a uranium milling company in a five-week jury trial in a toxic tort case involving multiple plaintiffs alleging personal injury and property damage. Continued to represent the client through the 10th Circuit appeal wherein the jury verdict was successfully reversed in client’s favor.
Before Fox Rothschild
Marsha has been a partner in a leading Colorado-based litigation firm and a national law firm.
Honors & Awards
- Top Appellate Lawyer, 5280 Magazine (2018-2020)
- Named among "The Best Lawyers in America" in Colorado by Best Lawyers
- Appellate Practice (2011-2013, 2019-2021)
- Commercial Litigation (2020-2021)
- Product Liability – Defendant (2013, 2021)
- Product Liability – Litigation (2012)
- Top Lawyers of Denver, Denver Post (2016)
- Colorado Super Lawyers (2007-2011)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Presidential Search Committee, Alumni Representative, University of Colorado (2005-2006)
- General Counsel Search Committee, Alumni Representative, University of Colorado (2007)
- Volunteer Mediator, Jefferson County Mediation Services (May 2018 - June 2019)
- Our Courts Colorado, High School Program 2019, Judicial Selection in Colorado, Volunteer (2019)
- American Brain Tumor Association 5K, Planning Committee (2019)
- Colorado Easter Seals Board of Directors (1999-2000)