Marty leverages his experience as a former CPA to provide strategic tax planning and tax controversy counsel to his individual and corporate clients. Since 1985, he has partnered with clients to handle legal and tax issues associated with corporate mergers, acquisitions, spinoffs, reorganizations, "C" corporations, and "S" corporations. He has advised clients in the formation of hundreds of limited liability companies, partnerships and joint ventures.
Marty’s tax controversy practice includes representing taxpayers before federal and state administrative agencies, as well as federal and state judicial forums, with an emphasis on matters before the State of Minnesota.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Marty was Of Counsel at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. In law school, Marty was in the Order of the Coif.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Marty is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Honors & Awards
- Named among the “Lawyers of the Year,” Tax Section (2011) by Best Lawyers
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine (1988-2019)
- Named to “Minnesota’s Top Transactional Lawyers” (2003)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Litigation and Controversy - Tax and Tax Law in Minnesota by Best Lawyers (1988-2020)
- Martindale Hubble®—AV Rated
- Distinguished Service Award, Minnesota State Bar Tax Section