Mary is an experienced employment and commercial litigator with a track record of success in state and federal court in a wide range of matters.
She defends and advises employers on workplace-related claims, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful discharge.
Mary also has a particular fluency in professional liability matters (lawyers, doctors, accountants, auditors, real estate agents) and has secured dismissals of seven-figure malpractice claims at the summary judgment stage.
In addition, Mary provides clients with practical guidance to avoid, prevent and resolve disputes. When litigation cannot be avoided, she develops strategies that serve her clients' financial goals and minimize costs.
Mary’s successful litigation results in state and federal court include:
- Dismissal of copyright violation claims wherein the plaintiff sued New York defendants in the Western District of Washington; successfully established a lack of personal jurisdiction for the case.
- Denial of plaintiff's petition for review after the Division I Court of Appeals reversed and remanded a previous Superior Court judgment that prevented the collection of certain damages in a personal injury case.
- Judgment in favor of a property manager on a breach of contract claim for more than $500,000.
- Judgment in a legal malpractice claim involving the distribution of family assets worth more than $1 million.
- Dismissal of a wrongful termination cause of action.
Mary has also secured numerous summary judgment dismissals, including:
- a $3.5 million legal malpractice claim arising from a real estate transaction.
- a multimillion-dollar estate dispute.
- claims for additional compensation in a $1.1 million real estate transaction.
- WPLA and UCC claims.
- a construction defect claim.
- claims of defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress claims
- non-judicial foreclosure, Deed of Trust Act and Consumer Protection Act violation claim.
- a toxic mold claim.
- an indemnity claim.
- a WLAD aiding and abetting claim.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Mary was a member of the commercial disputes group at a Pacific Northwest regional firm.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Named a "Super Lawyer" in Washington (2020)
- Named a "Super Lawyer Rising Star" in Washington (2006, 2009)