An experienced business litigator, Matt represents various companies and investors in complex commercial disputes in both state and federal courts at the trial and appellate level. His previous roles in the management consulting and investment banking industries allow him to comfortably speak the language of corporate clients, and his related financial fluency has been brought to bear on matters involving challenging valuation and damages issues. Matt’s unique business background enables him to provide valuable litigation insights where legal and business concepts intersect.
- Defended a nursing home operator against a multimillion-dollar breach of contract claim in a two-week bench trial
- Defended a celebrity-branded consumer products company against a multimillion-dollar trade secret misappropriation claim
- Represented a minority member in a derivative action alleging breach of fiduciary duty against a nutritional supplement company's controlling members and officers
- Represented a multi-state healthcare provider in a multimillion-dollar counterclaim alleging breach of contract and fraud against an off-shore captive reinsurance intermediary
- Represented a heavy equipment distributor in a breach of contract action against its multinational supplier in matter involving Georgia’s Multiline Heavy Equipment Dealers Act
- Defeated motion to set aside a six-figure default judgment entered against the subsidiary of a publicly traded waste disposal company in a breach of contract action
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Matt was a senior attorney at an Atlanta law firm focused on business litigation. During law school, he clerked for Justice Theodore R. Boehm of the Indiana Supreme Court and worked in the Indianapolis office of a securities litigation and nationwide consumer class actions law firm.
Before entering the legal industry, Matt was a research associate for an international investment bank where he advised mutual funds, hedge funds and other institutional investors on the value of publicly traded companies in the industrial services sector. Prior to that, Matt was an analyst for a management consulting and M&A advisory firm where he advised large financial institutions and financial technology companies on business strategies and best practices.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Georgia "Super Lawyer Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine (2017 - 2020)