Matthew represents business entities of all types in complex commercial litigation. Clients value his pragmatic, detail-oriented approach to representation. Whether prosecuting a civil case or defending an action that could imperil a business, Matthew is a tireless advocate, known for his candor with clients and ability to view discrete events as part of a larger picture.
In the civil litigation arena, he has experience with:
- Impact litigation challenging legislative action with adverse consequences to a particular business or group of businesses
- Partnership and other business entity break-ups
- Breach of contract cases
- Minority shareholder oppression claims
- Consumer fraud cases
- Commercial class actions
- Disputes surrounding intellectual property rights
- Claims arising from restrictive covenants
- Civil RICO matters
- Defamation claims, including cases involving the use of the internet, social media, and other technology-driven media
- Collections actions
- Environmental cases seeking the apportionment of responsibility for hazardous materials remediation efforts
- Employment issues, including, but not limited to, whistleblower, wrongful termination, constructive discharge, sexual harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour violations
- Unfair competition and deceptive advertising matters
- Credit defaults
- Commercial landlord/tenant disputes
- Construction disputes
- Real estate controversies
- Director/officer claims
- Warranty claims.
Matthew’s commercial litigation clients have included entrepreneurs, startups, Fortune 50 businesses, financial institutions and a wide array of other individuals and entities across a broad spectrum of industries.