Maura’s practice includes all aspects of commercial and business-related litigation, including contractual disputes, legal malpractice, corporate governance, directors’ and officers’ liability matters, unclaimed property audit defense and bankruptcy litigation.
In addition, she routinely defends lenders and flood zone determination companies in matters involving claims brought — across the U.S. — in connection with the 1973 Flood Disaster Protection Act and the 1994 National Flood Insurance Reform Act.
A member of the firm's E-Discovery practice group, Maura also has extensive experience guiding clients through the challenges and risks associated with the preservation, collection, review and production of electronic discovery. She strives to balance compliance with proportionality and cost-effectiveness.
- Defending global pharmaceutical company against claims for contractual indemnification arising from underlying Lanham Act litigation. (2019)
- Defending California automotive dealership against class action claiming violation of Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). (2019)
- Defending opioid manufacturer in a multiparty action in Pennsylvania statewide coordinated opioid litigation. (2017-2019)
- Defended regional retail energy provider against class action claiming violation of Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Settlement reached. (2019)
- Defended a global pharmaceutical company against claim for breach of a license and supply agreement by generic pharmaceutical manufacturer. Settlement reached after multi-week American Arbitration Association evidentiary hearing and post-hearing briefing. (2017-2018)
- Defended film distributor in bankruptcy adversary proceeding involving fraudulent transfer claims. Settlement reached. (2015-2018)
- Defended a pharmaceutical manufacturer in a dispute with a former CEO involving breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims. Settlement reached after multiday trial. (2013-2018)
- Secured summary judgment dismissal of legal malpractice claims against an international law firm in a bankruptcy adversary proceeding. (2012-2014).
Before Fox Rothschild
Before joining the firm, Maura was a summer associate and law clerk for Fox Rothschild. She also had a judicial externship with U.S. Magistrate Judge Mary Pat Thynge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. She also served as a research assistant for Professor Tiffany Graham of Villanova University School of Law and for the Villanova Lawyering Together Pro Bono Program.
While in law school, Maura was associate editor and staff writer for the Villanova Law Review.
Prior to her practice of law, Maura worked as the international tourism services manager for the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau, as a marketing event planner for the Philadelphia Museum of Art and as director of special events and development for Meals on Wheels in Chicago.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Benchmark Litigation’s ‘Under 40 Hot List’ and 'Top 250 Women in Litigation List' (2018)