Maureen advises and assists businesses with state and federal tax issues, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate and commercial matters.
She also represents clients in tax controversies, including administrative audits and appeals and voluntary disclosure matters, and matters before the U.S. Tax Court.
Her experience spans:
- Federal and state individual, business and corporate taxation
- International tax treaties
- Mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganizations
- State and local sales tax
- Taxation of cross-border business transactions and investments
- Tax exempt and charitable organizations
- U.S. and international tax compliance
- Civil and criminal tax controversies
In addition, Maureen helps foreign businesses structure their U.S. market entry and business expansion, whether through direct investments, partnerships and joint venture operations or licensing, manufacturing and distribution arrangements.
She also has a particular fluency in advising charitable and other tax-exempt organizations on the application process and corporate structuring.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Maureen was a partner in the tax, trust and estates practice of an international law firm.
Before that, she was an editor and author at Thomson Reuters, where she wrote and revised analyses of tax law issues.