Michael has two decades of experience in trial and appellate work spanning a broad range of commercial and insurance matters.
He has represented clients in claims involving:
- architectural and engineering errors and omissions
- auto and trucking liability
- bad faith
- clergy and school sexual misconduct
- construction defect
- insurance coverage
- medical malpractice
- nursing home negligence
- product liability
- property and casualty
- wrongful death
He periodically lectures before clients and industry groups on these topics.
In his appellate practice, Michael has argued before the Third and Fourth District Courts of Appeal, as well as the 11th Circuit Appellate Court for Miami-Dade County.
- Dougherty v. City of Miami, 89 So. 3d 963 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012)
- Dougherty v. City of Miami, 23 So. 3d 156 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009)
- Bethany Evangelical Covenant Church of Miami, Fla., Inc. v. Calandra, 994 So. 2d (Fla. 3d DCA 2008)
- Exodus Underhill, LLC v. v. Behar, 983 So. 2d 592 (Fla. 4th DCA 2008)
- Bowe v. Worldwide Flight Services, Inc., 979 So. 2d 423 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008)
- Hernandez-Canton v. Miami City Commission, 971 So. 2d 829 (Fla. 3d DCA 2007)
- Peterson v. Johnson, Case No.: 4D07-2267, opinion filed May 14, 2008 (Fla. 4th DCA)
- Peterson v. Palm Beach Gardens Christ Fellowship, 909 So. 2d 348 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005)
- Howell v. Jackson, 810 So. 2d 1081 (Fla. 4th DCA 2002)
- Hernandez v. Amisub, Inc., 774 So. 2d 539 (Fla. 3d DCA 1998)
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Michael was a shareholder at a major Florida law firm.
Honors & Awards
- "AV" Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbel