For 10 consecutive years, Michael has been ranked as one of the leading bankruptcy and restructuring attorneys in Pennsylvania by Chambers USA. An innovator in his field, he offers strategic guidance to businesses suffering from difficult financial circumstances.
Michael is also Chair of the firm's Automotive Practice, and oversees a team that provides a full range of transactional, corporate and litigation services to automobile dealers.
Michael began his career at Fox Rothschild and served for many years as Chair of its national Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy Department. He also previously served as Managing Partner of the firm’s Philadelphia office. During his tenure at Fox, he served as the driving force behind complex, high-profile bankruptcy cases, particularly in Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
For more than two decades, Michael has represented secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, trustees and debtors in a multitude of workout and bankruptcy matters, including complex Chapter 7 and 11 cases. He is experienced in a variety of industries including health care, retail, manufacturing, financial services, automotive and others. In addition, Michael has represented state and federal receivers, gaining a keen understanding of the many issues and pressures they face.
Michael is also a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Active in the Philadelphia community, Michael works closely with the nonprofit, Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project (CBAP), providing support through supervising attorneys, working closely with law students and serving as a mentor. He is also on the board of directors for the Ronald McDonald House of Philadelphia. Additionally, he is a frequent writer and lecturer on creditors’ rights and other related topics.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Best of the Bar" list by the Philadelphia Business Journal (2017)*
- Recipient of the Clients Choice Award for Insolvency & Restructuring in Pennsylvania by Lexology (2014)
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Bankruptcy/Restructuring - Pennsylvania (2009-2020)*
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law in Pennsylvania by Best Lawyers (2013-2021)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights in Pennsylvania (2005-2020)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Business Edition" list for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights in Pennsylvania (2013)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Corporate Counsel" list for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights in Pennsylvania (2009, 2010)*
- Selected to the "Legal Elite" list by SmartCEO (2010)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated*