Michael is an experienced litigator who provides compliance, regulatory and litigation services to companies of all sizes in gaming, cannabis, health care, financial, transportation and other industries throughout the country.
Michael assists casinos, video gaming terminal operators, manufacturers and distributors, game developers, video gaming establishments and other companies in all aspects of regulatory law and helps his clients navigate complex laws covering a full range of activities including video gaming, sports betting, fantasy sports, online poker, and raffles. Michael assists clients applying for licenses in jurisdictions across the country and regularly represents his clients in administrative proceedings before regulatory agencies.
Michael is a member of the firm’s Cannabis Litigation team and Cannabis Law practice group,* a national, multidisciplinary team of attorneys who provide services and guidance to businesses in all aspects of the marijuana industry, including the following:
- Licensing and regulatory compliance
- Application assistance
- Banking and financial services
- Contract negotiations and drafting
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Venture capital
- Real Estate
- Employee benefits
- General liability
* Please be mindful that possessing, using, distributing and/or selling marijuana is a federal crime, and no legal advice given by Fox is intended to provide any guidance or assistance in violating federal law.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Michael was an associate at Nixon Peabody (previously Ungaretti & Harris). During law school, Michael was a member of the DePaul Law Review, served as a legal writing teaching assistant and spent a summer at the Asian Legal Studies Institute at Beijing Foreign Studies University in China.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Michael is active in his profession and in the community. He serves as a mentor in the Lawyer 2 Lawyer (L2L) Mentoring Program and a volunteer mentor with DePaul University College of Law's Preparing to Practice Program.
Michael earned a certificate from Oaksterdam University for completing “The Business of Cannabis” course.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to a list of "Emerging Lawyers" for Cannabis, Commercial Litigation and Gaming & Casino Law by Law Bulletin Publishing Company (2018)
- Named to a list of 250 Cannabis Law Experts by Databird Research Journal (2018)