In The Weeds – Cannabis Lawhttps://cannabislaw.foxrothschild.com/
Michael is a contributor to In the Weeds, a blog that aims to help keep today’s cannabis entrepreneur well informed.
Scroll down to see Michael's most recent posts.
Recent Blog Posts
- Illinois Social Equity / Disproportionately Impacted Areas map Illinois released its Disproportionately Impacted Areas map. Applicants for the new adult use cannabis licenses gain a significant advantage if they have resided in these locations for 5 of the last 10 years. https://www2.illinois.gov/Pages/news-item.aspx?ReleaseID=20661 Copyright: epicstockmedia / 123RF Stock Photo... More
- Illinois Adult-Use / Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries – Coming January 1, 2020 On June 25, 2019, Illinois Governor JB Pritzker made good on his campaign promise to sign an adult-use marijuana law. Pursuant to the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act (the “Adult-Use Cannabis Act”), adult-use (i.e., recreational) marijuana will be legal and available starting January 1, 2020. The Adult-Use Cannabis Act is 610-pages, and this article briefly focuses on the dispensaries. For a more comprehensive analysis of all 610 pages, Bill Bogot and Donna More from our firm put together a Cannabis... More
- Illinois Recreational Marijuana J.B. Pritzker (Democrat) won the election for Governor of Illinois and will be sworn into office in January 2019. Based on Governor-elect Pritzker’s statements on the campaign trail and the current acquisition market in Illinois, the cannabis industry appears to believe that legalized adult use recreational marijuana is a foregone conclusion and that Pritzker will sign a marijuana legalization bill shortly after taking office, which will legalize recreational marijuana in Illinois. Pritzker has stated that adult use recreational cannabis could generate... More
- Proposed Illinois Legislation to Legalize Cannabis for Recreational Purposes Copyright: atomazul / 123RF Stock Photo Despite uncertainty concerning the Trump Administration’s stance on recreational cannabis and its willingness to adhere to the Cole Memorandum, legislation was recently introduced in Illinois to legalize cannabis for recreational purposes (medical cannabis is already legal in Illinois). Senate Bill 316 and House Bill 2353 would make it legal for adults 21 and older to possess, cultivate, sell, purchase, and consume limited amounts of cannabis. The bills were sponsored by Senator Heather Steans (D-Chicago) and... More
- As Uncertainty Looms, Senators Urge Trump Administration to Continue Adhering to the Cole Memorandum Michael Neville writes: Copyright: pigprox / 123RF Stock Photo On February 23, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer stated that the public may see “greater enforcement” of federal cannabis laws and that the Trump Administrations sees a “big difference” between medical cannabis and recreational cannabis. Mr. Spicer’s comments have understandably caused great concern throughout the cannabis industry, and a group of 11 U.S. Senators recently sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions requesting that Mr. Sessions and the Department of... More