Michelle has nearly 30 years of experience in family law, representing clients before district court and the North Carolina Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of North Carolina.
She is a Board Certified Specialist in the areas of both Family Law and Appellate Law and her practice spans the full range of family law, including:
- alimony and post-separation support
- child custody and child support
- civil domestic violence
- complex equitable distribution
- prenuptial agreements
- separation agreements
- alienation of affections/criminal conversation
In her appellate practice, Michelle has handled appeals before the Supreme Court of North Carolina and the North Carolina Court of Appeals. Over the past two decades, she has presented written and oral arguments and prepared petitions for extraordinary writs in cases involving all areas of family law and contract issues. She represents clients from all counties in North Carolina before the appellate courts.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Michelle was a member of the family law and appellate practices at a Mid-Atlantic law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Michelle frequently lectures at Continuing Legal Education seminars in the areas of family and appellate law. She serves on the Appellate Specialization Committee for the North Carolina State Bar, which drafts and grades exams for Appellate Specialist candidates. She also serves on the Appellate Rules Committee.
Michelle is a fellow in the North Carolina Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). Fellows in the AAML are vetted for membership by the national branch of the organization and must have practiced at a high level in the area of family law as well as held leadership positions in state family law organizations.
Honors & Awards
- Business North Carolina Magazine's "Legal Elite," Family Law (2013-2021), Appellate (2018-2021)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Listed Family Law (2015-2021), "Top 25" in Raleigh (2019-2021), "Top 50 Women" in North Carolina (2017-2021), "Top 100" in North Carolina (2021)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Family Law in North Carolina by Best Lawyers (2016-2021)