Morgan counsels and defends major and regional airlines, FAA Part 145 repair stations, component manufacturers, airport authorities, fixed base operators and other entities before state and federal court.
His representations also extend to regulated entities in FAA enforcement actions and internal corporate investigations as well as airlines, pipeline operators and others in matters pending before the National Transportation Safety Board.
In the area of incident or accident response, Morgan works with in-house counsel, Part 119 management personnel and senior leadership on emergency response issues. He helps to guide internal and external investigations, manage liability exposure, protect privileged information and trade secrets. He also creates custom internal and external communications strategies and plans. Morgan has participated in and led panels and symposiums focused on emergency response issues, NTSB investigations, FAA enforcement actions and unmanned aircraft systems.
Morgan also handles litigation and investigations arising from foreign and domestic air crashes, hangar collapses, airport incidents and accidents, pipeline leaks and ruptures, denials of boarding, alleged regulatory violations, breach of contract and employee misconduct.
On the corporate side of his practice, he advises aviation entrepreneurs on a range of issues, including company formation, aircraft management, employment practices, contract negotiation, liability protection and insurance.
- Hageland Aviation Flight 3153 (2016)
- Centreville Pipeline Leak (2015)
- Sissonville Pipeline Rupture (2012)
- Cessna 441 Accident in Nashville, PA (2011)
- Colgan Air Flight 3407 (2009)
- Mexico City Learjet Crash (2008)
- Southwest Airlines Flight 1248 (2005)
- MU-2B-60 Accident in Centennial, CO (2004)
- Alaska Airlines Flight 261 (2000)
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Morgan was a partner in the Aviation Practice Group and vice chair of the Product Liability and Transportation Practice Group of a national law firm.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized among Leading Lawyers in the Legal 500, Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Aerospace/Aviation (2014)