Tami concentrates her practice in the areas of franchising, dealerships, antitrust and intellectual property.
Among the issues she has litigated are:
- dealer and franchise termination cases
- breakaway franchisees
- post-termination franchisee/dealer compliance and enforcement (including de-identification)
- restrictive covenants
- disputes among competitors
- unfair competition
- market exclusion
- antitrust actions under the Sherman Act
- trademark infringement
- patent infringement
- copyright infringement
- trade secret misappropriation
Tami also handles franchise formation and compliance, distribution system reorganizations, pricing issues, and trademark proceedings.
In addition, she has litigated competitive issues and advised clients in the health care industry in a variety of situations, including combining medical practices, including larger multi-specialty practices; Department of Justice antitrust investigations; insurer and payor relationships; exclusivity and most favored nations provisions; competitive treatment facility support or opposition; treatment facility acquisitions; cross-practice negotiations; establishment or expansion of ACO groups; data preservation and use.
Before Fox Rothschild
Tami was a partner and the firm's pro bono supervisor at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Previously, Tami served as the Managing Partner of Leatherwood Walker Todd & Mann from 1995 through 2000.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Tami has been active in the community for decades, including the United Way and The Nature Conservancy.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the list of "Legal Eagles" by Franchise Times (2020)
- Received the “Diversity Award” from the American Bar Association’s Forum on Franchising (2019)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Franchise Law (more than 12 years) and Litigation - Intellectual Property (2021) in South Carolina by Best Lawyers
- Recognized among the “Legal Elite” by Greenville Business Magazine for Antitrust Law (2017-2020), Consumer Products & Retail (2020) and Business Litigation (2020)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, Listed Franchise/Dealership (2012-2020)
- Named to Who's Who Legal "Franchise" list (2018)
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly's Leadership in Law Award, 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell's top ("AV") Peer Review Rating
- Hearts in the Arts Award
- Women Making History Award