Neal is an experienced trial attorney who handles patents and other types of intellectual property litigation, as well as commercial and trust and estate litigation. He served as the Co-Managing Partner of the firm's Denver office.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a minority shareholder in a family dispute involving a multibillion-dollar private corporation.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a limited partner in a family dispute.
- Obtained an award of approximately $2 million in a breach of construction contract arbitration involving a renewable energy project.
- Successfully defended a German client sued in a class action for construction defects.
- Served as a member of a team that prepared the brief and oral argument in the Federal Circuit's en banc rehearing of Phillips v. AWH, one of the most significant patent claim construction cases in nearly 10 years.
- After the Federal Circuit's en banc decision, led AWH's trial team, where the court entered a judgment as a matter of law in favor of AWH.
- Served as lead plaintiff’s counsel in a patent infringement case involving performance monitoring for fiber channel switches used in storage area networks.
- Represented a distributor of cardiac rhythm management devices (including pacemakers and internal defibrillators) regarding a contractual obligations dispute.
- Successfully represented a company that allegedly infringed three patents of a competitor.
- Successfully represented client bringing claims for misappropriation of trade secrets involving extraction and purification processes for the commercial production of a cancer-fighting agent.
- Successfully represented a client in an action for trade dress and trademark infringement against a competitor.
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for Litigation (2013-2018)
- Included in “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Intellectual Property (2013-2014)
- Included in a list of “Colorado Super Lawyers” (2007-2016)
- Listed in the Corporate Counsel Black Book (2008)
Beyond Fox Rothschild
A champion fencer, Neal was a member of two national champion foil teams. He won the bronze medal in the national individual foil championships and was a member of the U.S. Fencing Team at the World Championships in Budapest, Hungary, in 1975. Currently, Neal is a certified arbitrator and member of the American Arbitration Association.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Colorado “Super Lawyer” in Intellectual Property Litigation (2017-2018)
- Named among the “Best Lawyers in America” for Intellectual Property and Patent Litigation (2019)