Fox’s Darrell Miller Nominated for 2015 NAACP Image AwardFebruary 13, 2015 – Press Releases
Fox Rothschild LLP is pleased to congratulate Darrell D. Miller, chair of the firm’s national Entertainment Law Department and managing partner of its Los Angeles offices, on his nomination for the prestigious NAACP Image Award.
The award recognizes excellence in performances and achievements of people of color in the arts, as well as the efforts of individuals or groups who promote social justice through their creative work.
Miller was recognized for his book, The 16th Minute of Fame: An Insider’s Guide for Maintaining Success Beyond 15 Minutes of Fame, in the Outstanding Literary Work – Debut Author category.
The 46th Annual NAACP Image Awards were held on February 6.
This national-scale nomination puts Miller in the same ranks as several firm clients who also have received NAACP Image Award nominations this year, including:
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Courtney B. Vance – “Masters of Sex”
- Outstanding Actress in a Television Movie, Mini-series or Dramatic Special: Angela Bassett – “American Horror Story: Freak Show”
- Outstanding New Artist: Erica Campbell
- Outstanding Duo, Group or Collaboration: “Being with You,” Smokey Robinson, featuring Mary J. Blige
- Outstanding Gospel Album (Traditional or Contemporary): “Help,” Erica Campbell
- Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series: Reginald Hudlin – “Bad Judge” – Knife to a Gunfight
Miller has more than two decades of entertainment law deal-making experience, with an emphasis on the creation of multiple streams of income for clients with high brand equity through cross-promotion of film, television, music, theatre, multimedia and licensing opportunities.
His clients range from Angela Bassett, Academy Award nominated Producer Reginald Hudlin, music mogul and actor Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, TD Jakes Enterprises, Blair Underwood’s BU Apparel Collection and British celebrity Caroline Stanbury, among others.
In 2014, Miller was honored as a top dealmaker in Variety Magazine’s Dealmaker Impact Report and was featured in the Los Angeles Daily Journal’s Entertainment Law Supplement that profiled California’s top entertainment lawyers. Additionally, Miller received the University of Cincinnati’s Kautz Alumni Masters Forum Award and for the second consecutive year he was named a California Super Lawyer.
He is a graduate of Georgetown University Law Center and frequent speaker on the business of entertainment.