Fox Rothschild Cements Commitment to Entertainment ClientsNovember 15, 2012 – Press Releases
Strengthening its commitment to serving entertainment industry clients, Fox Rothschild LLP has formally established a national entertainment department to enhance the boutique-style service it has been providing to artists, executives, studios, producers and financiers for the past several years.
Veteran entertainment attorney Darrell D. Miller heads the new department. A partner in the Los Angeles office, Miller was named the 2012 “Entertainment Attorney of the Year” by the National Bar Association.
"Under Darrell’s leadership, and with the many experienced attorneys who have joined us, Fox is poised as one of the nation’s top-tier firms serving all segments of the entertainment industry. Our capability and client base now extend to film, television, music, publishing and new media,” said Mark L. Silow, firmwide managing partner.
Among the firm’s entertainment clients are:
- Angela Bassett
- André Benjamin p.k.a. André 3000
- TD Jakes Enterprises
- Cash Money Records
- Chris "Ludacris" Bridges
- Clay Newbill, executive producer of “Shark Tank”
- Dar Williams
- DiGa Vision, LLC, a full-service entertainment production company founded by Tony DiSanto and Liz Gately
- Hachette Book Group
- Kim Zolciak
- Man of Action, LLC, a development/production house
- Marshall Crenshaw
- Pastor Paula White
- Screen Actors Guild-Producer Pension & Health Plans
- Stevie Wonder
- Time Warner Inc.
With entertainment strongholds on both coasts, Fox recently deepened its bench with significant additions:
- Jody Simon, partner in the LA office whose clients include the producers of “Dancing With the Stars” and “Project Runway” and past member of the Board of Governor and Executive Committee of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- Tim Mandelbaum, Michael L. Reinert and Monika A. Tashman – a trio of New York partners with legal practices focusing in the areas of music recording, artists, television and film talent as well as digital media companies. Mandelbaum and Tashman have been in private practice for several years after serving stints in the entertainment industry while Reinert joins Fox from his position as Executive Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs for the Universal Motown Republic Group.
Other members of the Entertainment Department include:
- Jeffrey S. Kravitz, LA office managing partner who focuses on entertainment-related IP and commercial litigation.
- Lawrence C. Hinkle II, LA-based partner representing a range of institutional clients in music, film and television.
“Our entertainment attorneys are very pleased to have the department formalized as we continue to grow our practices to the next level, assisting many high-profile and celebrity clients with building multiple streams of income as strategy to sustain their careers and businesses,” said Miller. “We are also excited to continue our close working relationships with other talented attorneys at Fox – such as Emily J. Yukich and Robert A. Walper and Scott N. Weston and Joel D. Schwartz of our family law group – to provide our entertainment clients a full range of services as they prepare to meet the increasing challenges of a rapidly changing industry brought on by the digital revolution.”