Co-Chair of the firm’s Gaming Practice Group, Nick has practiced all aspects of gaming law for more than 30 years, including licensing, acquisitions, compliance plans and investigations, and financing. Named as one of the leading gaming attorneys in the world by Chambers Global, Nick represents such clients as casinos, gaming equipment manufacturers and other technology providers, private equity firms, and other investors.
Nick has handled gaming matters in numerous domestic and international jurisdictions, including:
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
- Puerto Rico
Before Fox Rothschild
Nick began practicing gaming law in 1980, shortly after casinos were legalized in New Jersey. He was a shareholder and director in the Atlantic City office of a Trenton-based law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Nick has testified three times before the New Jersey Legislature on gaming technology, including Internet gaming. He is on the editorial advisory board of Global Gaming Business and the G2E Institute Advisory Board. Nick has also authored a chapter called "The Adoption and Development of the Casino Control Act" in the book, Casino Gaming in Atlantic City: A Thirty Year Retrospective, published in 2009.
Honors & Awards
- Named a New Jersey Trailblazer by the New Jersey Law Journal (2019)*
- Named to the list of "Dealmakers of the Year - Regulatory" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2019)*
- Recognized by Chambers Global for Gaming (2008-2020)*
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Gaming & Licensing - Nationwide (2013-2020)*
- Named to the "People to Watch" list by Global Gaming Business Magazine (2018)*
- Selected to the "Law360 MVPs" list for Gaming (2018)*
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Gaming Law in New Jersey by Best Lawyers (2005-2021)*
- Named to the "Atlantic City Gaming Law Lawyer of the Year" list by Best Lawyers (2012, 2016, 2018)*
- Selected to the "Who's Who Legal" list for Sports & Entertainment Law (2014, 2015)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Gaming Law in New Jersey (2005-2008)*
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminent” rated*