Oksana represents domestic and foreign companies, financial institutions, health providers, real estate developers, bankruptcy and estate trustees and individuals in a broad range of litigation matters in federal and state courts and alternative dispute resolution forums.
Oksana works across a broad range of industries, including financial, pharmaceutical, entertainment, real estate and retail.
Oksana’s practice focuses on complex commercial and business-related litigation, arbitration and mediation matters, including contractual disputes, business competition and corporate governance.
Oksana’s experience also includes:
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitration awards
- Freezing and securing domestic and foreign assets, obtaining evidence abroad
- Cross border disputes
- Securities and derivatives
- Real estate, zoning and land use litigation
- Article 78 proceedings and appeals
- Legal ethics and professional responsibility
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Protection of intellectual property and trade secrets
- Data security
Oksana handles all phases of litigation from pre-lawsuit investigation through discovery, trial and appeal, and advises clients about risk management strategies and policies.
Oksana holds legal degrees from both common law and civil law systems. She helps many foreign clients to navigate the U.S. legal system.
- Defended a financial institution in a federal court action and trial involving the valuation of several hundred complex interest rate swaps with a notional amount totaling $16.5 billion, terminated in the wake of Lehman’s failure
- Successfully represented in the International Chamber of Commerce Arbitration and advised a foreign retail chain regarding litigation strategies relevant to negotiating buy-out of U.S. joint venture partner.
- Represented the Chapter 7 trustee of a bankrupt financial firm, specializing in derivatives and fixed-income trading, in various litigation matters in a bankruptcy court. Secured several awards in favor of the client.
- Successfully obtained a decision of first impression in New York Federal court concerning post-judgment turnover of assets held by a foreign bank.
- Successfully represented a financial institution, a third party in a criminal forfeiture proceeding initiated by the Government against the Madoff parties in New York federal court.
- Defended a law firm against legal malpractice and breach of duty claims asserted by a public figure alleging multi-million dollar damages.
- Defended a film distributor against multi-million dollar claims of Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee.
- Successfully represented a foreign biopharmaceutical company in a cross border dispute.
- Defended a fitness chain in a trial in New York Federal court concerning violations of the trademark laws, theft of trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Obtained a full victory in New York Court of Appeals for a Manhattan real estate developer for a high profile redevelopment project in the Meatpacking District.
- Secured dismissal of all claims against a real estate developer of a former Pfizer factory site in the Broadway Triangle area of Brooklyn.
- Successfully represented clients in a AAA arbitration in a contractual dispute.
- Successfully represented a card processing company in various contractual disputes in New York courts.
- On summary judgment, obtained full dismissal of claims alleged against a retailer of recreational products in New York State court.
Before Fox Rothschild
Oksana was a summer associate for Fox Rothschild. She was also a summer associate in Rome, Italy, for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Oksana also worked for Salans, LLC in St. Petersburg, Russia.
While in law school, she served as judicial intern for the Honorable Richard B. Klein of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and the managing editor of the Temple International and Comparative Law Journal. Oksana also received a grant from the U.S. Government to study in the summer law school program in Salzburg, Austria taught by the U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Oksana was a competitive and world-ranked chess player.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Under 40 Hot List" by Benchmark Litigation (2018)*
- Award, Albert R. Mugel National Tax Moot Court Competition
- The Institute for International Law and Public Policy Award