Co-Chair of the firm's Trademarks Practice Group, Patricia assists emerging and industry-leading companies in protecting and enforcing their U.S. and international intellectual property rights.
She focuses on strategic management and utilization of their trademark portfolios, including procurement, maintenance, licensing and asserting and defending trademark and unfair competition litigation. From startups to established global companies, Patricia’s clients span a diverse range of sectors, including retail, fashion and hospitality; automotive and powersports; entertainment; technology and software; private equity; and real estate.
As a strategic ally to her clients, Patricia helps develop business methods that cultivate and protect intellectual property assets through trademark and copyright registrations, trade secrets, licensing, publicity, digital media and internet-related content. When litigation arises, she leverages her depth of trial knowledge to protect and defend her clients’ businesses, brands and proprietary information. She has extensive experience litigating cases that center on trademark infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition, false advertising and entertainment litigation in federal courts across the country, as well before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Patricia also has a robust trademark practice and regularly counsels clients on clearance and registration of trademarks and service marks; worldwide brand management strategies; trademark oppositions in cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Office; and a range of policing and enforcement issues. She has substantial experience counseling clients on consumer advertising and marketing laws, including guidance on advertising reviews and compliance matters as well as on the Federal Trade Commission’s truth-in-advertising rules.
On the transactional side, Patricia assists clients with a variety of contracts and commercial exchanges related to intellectual property. She has helped formulate a range of agreements, from development and intellectual property ownership contracts for employees and consultants to licenses, manufacturing and distribution. She also assists clients by conducting intellectual property due diligence for acquisition/sale transactions and advises on intellectual property provisions in asset purchase agreements.
- Represents an American clothing, fashion, cosmetics and beauty company that includes a portfolio of brands distributed through multiple channels worldwide, focusing primarily on the sportswear and casual clothing for niche markets, with the drafting and negotiation of numerous licensing and distribution agreements.
- Represents a private equity and investment firm in the strategic acquisition and launching of new brands and product lines, focusing on the athletic and sportswear market.
- Represented a Los Angeles-based contemporary global lifestyle brand in management and global expansion of its trademark and copyright portfolio.
- Represented an internationally renowned music festival in in managing and significant global expansion of its trademark and copyright portfolios and in the multi-jurisdictional defense of infringement claims and oppositions filed by a global athletic brand..
- Represented a consumer products company in negotiating various complex worldwide trademark licenses and manufacturing and distribution agreements.
- Represented an online content aggregator in the defense of copyright infringements claims, including as trial counsel during a jury trial.
- Represented a Grammy award-winning musical artist in trademark suit brought against his record company.
- Represented various brand owners in favorably stopping a variety of trademark and copyright enforcements by third parties..
- Represented a major hospitality management company in defending federal trademark infringement and unfair competition claims.
- Represented the owner of an internationally renowned music festival in managing and significant global expansion of its trademark and copyright portfolios and in the multi-jurisdictional defense of infringement claims and oppositions filed by global athletic brand.
- Represented a client in federal trademark suit on behalf of an entertainment startup enforcing trademark rights against infringer. Case settled favorably for client.
- Represented a client in enforcement of its trade dress in culinary products.
- Represented a production company in negotiating various talent and related agreements.
- Represented a resort and spa in negotiating various licenses and operational agreements.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Patricia was a partner in the Intellectual Property department of a national law firm.
Honors & Awards
Named an attorney "On the Rise" by the Daily Business Review (2020)