Pat is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in complex litigation. The primary focus of his practice is commercial litigation, including product liability, industrial fires and explosions and antitrust matters.
He has represented clients in courts throughout the United States. He serves as national counsel for a number of national and international manufacturers of products including cranes, valves, electrical components and industrial process controls. He has significant experience in lawsuits involving fires and explosions that involve propane and natural gas, as well as electrical components, including thermostats, motors and compressors.
Pat has successfully defended a number of Japanese trading, manufacturing and fishing companies in cases involving the application of U.S. antitrust laws to foreign entities. He has also successfully defended foreign and domestic clients in criminal and administrative procedures initiated by the Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and other federal agencies.
In addition to his trial work, Pat also counsels clients with respect to risk management programs directed towards reducing exposure to product liability, warranty and other product-related claims.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Pat was a principal with Riddell Williams, where he served as chairman from 2002 to 2005.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and the American Bar Foundation
- Named to "Seattle’s Top Lawyers" by Seattle Magazine
- Named a Washington "Super Lawyer" (2003-2020)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Antitrust Law, Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation - Defendants in Washington by Best Lawyers (2019-2021)
- Peer reviewed rating of AV Preeminent® by LexisNexis® Martindale-Hubbell