Health Care Litigation
- Represented large nonprofit health care system in dispute with governmental taxing authority over taxation of health care system’s business personal property, resulting in multimillion-dollar refund to client.
- Represented large health care system in contract and extracontractual litigation in North Carolina Business Court with anesthesia services provider, in which provider was seeking in excess of $100 million in damages: Southeast Anesthesiology Consultants, PLLC v. Rose, et al., No. 17 CVS 9002, 2019 WL 3948935 (N.C. Super. Aug. 20, 2019)
- Represented large health care system in multimillion-dollar contract dispute: Moses H. Cone Mem'l Hosp. Operating Corp. v. Conifer Physician Servs., Inc., 2017 WL 1378144 (M.D.N.C. Apr. 11, 2017)
- Defended against constitutional claims in case involving Federation of State Medical Boards and National Board of Medical Examiners: Jihui Zhang v. Fed'n of State Med. Boards, 473 F. App'x 193 (4th Cir. 2012) cert. denied, 133 S. Ct. 809 (U.S. 2012)
General Commercial Litigation
- Represented transportation logistics company in contract and extra-contractual litigation resulting in multi-million dollar recovery for client.
- Represented real estate broker in commission dispute: Donovan Real Estate Services, LLC v. McKinley, Inc., et al., 2017 WL 6409151 (W.D.N.Y. Dec. 15, 2017)
- Represented corporation and individual in multimillion-dollar insurance coverage dispute: Colony Ins. Co. v. Peterson, 2014 WL 4179962 (4th Cir. Aug. 25, 2014)
- Represented financial institution in fraudulent transfer litigation: Miller v. First Bank, 206 N.C. App. 166, 696 S.E.2d 824 (2010)