Patti is a partner in the firm's Labor & Employment Practice. Well-versed in a full range of counseling and litigation for employers, she knows and zealously represents her clients. Before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, Patti represents employers for claims under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the FMLA, the FLSA, the REDA, the Sarbanes Oxley Act and AIR-21. She also has experience litigating and arbitrating cases involving claims of sexual harassment, intentional/negligent infliction of emotional distress, wrongful discharge, wage and hour disputes, unemployment compensation, contractual disputes, covenants not to compete and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Patti routinely advises clients on compliance with federal and state employment laws and reviews handbooks and policies for compliance with the same. She also advises clients regarding data security issues, processes to protect confidential information, and what companies are required to do in the event of a data breach. In addition, Patti advises hospitals, continuing care retirement communities and various medical practices in litigated employment and business disputes between health care providers and senior executives. She also represents clients in defense of discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims.
Before Fox Rothschild
Patti was leader of the Labor and Employment Practice Group at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which merged in 2018 with Fox Rothschild. She served as a clerk to Judge Ralph A. Walker, North Carolina Court of Appeals, from 1999-2000.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Patti is active in a number of civic and community activities. She enjoys coaching youth basketball at the Spears YMCA and has coached one or more teams each season since 2010. Patti also enjoys teaching a children’s Sunday School class at Mt. Pisgah United Methodist Church, which she has done along with her husband since 2011. In January 2016, Patti began serving a three-year term on the Board of Trustees for her church, and from 2011-13, Patti served a 2-year term on the church’s Staff Parish Relations Committee. Patti also volunteers with the Women's Resource Center of Greensboro and has served in numerous leadership roles through the North Carolina Bar Association.
Honors & Awards
- Robinson O. Everett Professionalism Award from the North Carolina Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division (2012)
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners, USA, as one of North Carolina Leaders, Employment (2013-2019), Up-and-Coming list (2014)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Listed Labor and Employment (2011, 2014-2019), Rising Stars Edition (2011), and as one of the "Top 50 Women" attorneys in North Carolina (2014-2019), and as one of the "Top 100" attorneys in North Carolina (2018)
- Selected to Super Lawyers Business Edition list, Labor and Employment (2013-2015)
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.), Employment Law-Management (2014, 2016-2019), Labor and Employment Litigation (2016-2019)
- Recognized in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for Young Guns (2010), Employment (2013-2019)
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Triad Business Journal's 40 Under 40 (2010)