Peter is a skilled litigator whose practice centers on complex business and commercial disputes.
In arbitration forums nationwide and in state and federal courts, he has defended clients in class actions, antitrust cases, health care litigation, and secured lending disputes.
Peter has also represented clients in legal malpractice actions and other professional negligence cases, construction disputes and product liability claims.
A former law clerk for the Minnesota Court of Appeals, Peter has worked on appeals before the Minnesota Court of Appeals, the Eighth Circuit and Ninth Circuit. Peter has also worked on matters before the Minnesota Supreme Court.
Peter’s experience includes work on litigation teams that have:
- Successfully defended a nonprofit education company in an arbitration over a breach of contract dispute with a terminated service provider. After a week-long arbitration, the arbitrator rejected the majority of the plaintiff’s positions, awarding only a small percentage of the $3 million demanded.
- Successfully prosecuted claims brought under the Minnesota Termination of Sales Representative Act on behalf of a Minnesota sales representative. After a four-day arbitration and lengthy post-hearing submissions, the arbitrator awarded over 80% of requested damages as well as attorneys’ fees.
- Won dismissal of class action claims seeking over $70 million from a Minnesota reinsurer in state court, including successfully defending the dismissal in the Minnesota Court of Appeals and Minnesota Supreme Court.
- Won the dismissal of all claims against a large secured lender in $130 million dispute in Minnesota federal district court.
- Obtained dismissal of class action claims against a nationwide retailer in Minnesota federal district court.
- Secured dismissal of an antitrust suit against a nationwide retailer in California federal district court.
- Won reversal on appeal to the Minnesota Court of Appeals of a denial of summary judgment in a multimillion-dollar liability case against a school.
- Obtained dismissal of class action claims against a reinsurer in Minnesota state court.
- Secured summary judgment in favor of a general contractor against an office building association in multimillion-dollar construction defect dispute in Minnesota state district court.
- Defended a multimillion-dollar legal malpractice dispute arising from a construction dispute.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Peter was an associate at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. Before that, he was an associate at a Minnesota litigation boutique. Immediately after law school, Peter clerked for Judge Heidi Schellhas of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Peter takes on pro bono cases through the Minnesota Justice Foundation. He is an active member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Hennepin County Bar Association, and has previously held leadership positions with defense-oriented law associations.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Business Litigation in Minnesota by Super Lawyers Magazine (2019)
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by The Minnesota State Bar Association (2015-2017)