Energy & Natural Resources
- represented coalitions of large energy users and marketers in a merger proceeding involving two major electric and gas utilities; played a lead litigation role in the merger, which was ultimately rejected by the New Jersey Public Board of Utilities. Negotiated a favorable partial settlement valued in excess of $20 million.
- represented one of the premier Qualifying Facilities in the Delaware Valley, guiding it through successful litigation with a traditional electric distribution company pertaining to the preservation of power purchase agreements in the face of electric restructuring, gas transportation arrangements, and refinancings; client recovered in excess of $15 million in value through pre-trial settlement
- structured dedicated power facilities designed to support large industrial projects nationwide
- negotiated settlements in numerous utility rate cases that minimized rate impacts and included significant offsetting benefits to commercial and industrial customers
- obtained all regulatory approvals and structured commercial and construction contracts for new chilled water service to serve a major Philadelphia medical institution
- represented commercial and industrial customers and energy marketers regarding all regulatory and competitive issues arising before state regulators
- represented a Housing Authority in negotiating the largest reduction in gas rates of all rate classes in a Public Utility Commission proceeding