Tech-Enabled M&A Solutions for the Age of COVID-19March 23, 2020 – Alerts
Federal, state and local efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing and restrictions on business activity are expanding on a daily basis, making the face-to-face meetings and in-office teamwork that drive mergers and acquisitions difficult if not impossible in many areas. With a growing number of professional offices closing and shifting to remote work arrangements, deal teams are spread out across multiple locations.
Matthew Kittay, co-chair of Fox Rothschild's national M&A team, has for years helped evaluate tech-enabled M&A solutions through his leadership role with the M&A Technology Subcommittee of the American Bar Association's Business Law Section. That subcommittee maintains the attached Directory of M&A Technologies list, which details leading software in each of the following categories:
In the current environment, these technologies are particularly useful for investment banks, funds, deal leaders and their counsel to help:
- Cut down on travel and reduce reliance on in-person meetings
- Facilitate remote management of the investor pipeline and the investor journey
- Drive the digital-first transformation of collateral
- Provide regular, timely updates and communication to prospective and existing investors and effectively movie investors through the funnel
- Ensure all deal team members have access to current information on investors and raise progress,
- Increase deal team engagement and improve the efficiency of communications.