An experience trial lawyer, Randy is Co-Chair of the firm’s Product Liability & Mass Torts Group. He represents clients throughout the United States in product liability defense and business and commercial disputes.
Randy has been national or regional counsel for manufacturers in the HVAC, transportation, food, industrial controls and processes, construction, agricultural equipment, pharmaceutical, consumer products and chemical industries. He has tried more than 70 cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, including California, New York, Minnesota, Florida, Texas, Kansas, Michigan and Oklahoma.
In addition to litigation, he advises on product liability prevention, mass and serial tort claims strategy, compliance with industry and government regulations, and drafting and placement of product warnings and instructions.
Randy has guided clients through their dealings with industry regulations and federal agencies and statutes, including the CPSC, EPA, OSHA, USDA, FDA, CSB, NHTSA and DOT, as well as their state counterparts. He also represents professionals before State Licensing Boards, including the Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
Before Fox Rothschild
Before joining Fox, Randy was a partner at a large, Midwest-based law firm. Prior to that, he successfully managed more than 1,000 claims and lawsuits globally as Chief Litigation Counsel for Honeywell International's $7 billion Automation and Control Solutions Division.
- National counsel for Minnesota-based, international manufacturer of fluid transfer equipment
- National counsel for nation's largest trailer manufacturer and renter
- National counsel for nation's two largest HVAC control manufacturers
- Regional counsel for asbestos distributor
- National counsel for Minnesota-based food manufacturer
- Represented rail carriers in FELA, crossing and third-party property owner litigation
- Regional counsel for one of the Big Three automobile manufacturers
Advice and Counseling:
- Represent food companies in OSHA, FDA and USDA compliance
- Represent consumer produce manufacturers in CPSC reporting and recall requirements
- Represent chemical producers and distributors in compliance with OSHA, EPA and similar regulations
Honors & Awards
- Named as a "Minnesota Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers Magazine (2003-2011, 2014-2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, rated AV Preeminent™
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by the Minnesota State Bar Association (2013 and 2014)