Demand for renewable energy continues its rapid growth, and the legal and regulatory framework concerning fuel diversification, environmental protection, demand-side management, energy storage, and renewable energy development continues to evolve. Fox Rothschild helps clients navigate the complex set of laws, regulations and requirements and explore new technologies and market opportunities.
Our attorneys are experienced with all aspects of renewable energy projects and transactions. We serve a wide range of renewable energy sector clients including:
- Independent power producers developing renewable energy facilities and selling energy output
- Operating companies looking to purchase facilities for themselves
- Companies and institutions wanting to purchase renewable energy output from a third-party owned system or utility
- Land and site owners looking to put their real property to use for renewable energy projects
We provide guidance on all stages of a project, including:
- site identification
- due diligence
- structuring transactions
- corporate structuring
- land use and zoning
- permitting and environmental issues
- development, construction and financing
- operations and maintenance
- energy offtake and interconnection
- monetization of environmental attributes, including SRECs and other renewable energy certificates
- asset and stock purchases and sales
- other corporate and commercial contracts
And when necessary, we resolve disputes to keep the client’s goals and objectives on track and moving forward.
In the solar industry specifically, we have extensive experience representing solar generation system developers, offtakers and site owners, in connection with a multitude of distributed generation, utility-scale, and community solar garden projects of varied sizes, types and locations, working on essentially all of the key aspects of such transactions.