Fox Rothschild helps clients navigate the complex set of laws, regulations and requirements, and explore new technologies and market opportunities.
Demand for renewable energy continues its rapid growth, and the legal and regulatory framework concerning fuel diversification, environmental protection, demand-side management, energy storage, and renewable energy development continues to evolve.
We serve a wide range of renewable energy sector clients including:
- Independent power producers developing renewable energy facilities and selling energy output
- Operating companies looking to purchase facilities for themselves
- Companies and institutions wanting to purchase renewable energy output from a third-party owned system or utility
- Land and site owners looking to put their real property to use for renewable energy projects
- Project developers seeking state and local government approvals necessary for utility-scale facilities
Our attorneys are experienced with all aspects of renewable energy project development, regulatory compliance, and transactions. In the solar industry specifically, we have extensive experience representing solar generation system developers, offtakers and site owners, in connection with a multitude of distributed generation, utility-scale, and community solar garden projects of varied sizes, types and locations.
Related Practice: Energy & Natural Resources