Rick is Managing Partner of the firm's Greensboro office and a trial lawyer who dedicates his practice to commercial litigation and intellectual property disputes.
He represents businesses in matters involving patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, and regularly litigates other commercial and business disputes.
Before Fox Rothschild
Rick was a partner and General Counsel and Risk Manager at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Honors & Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Civil Litigation Defense (2008), Intellectual Property Litigation (2012-2021)
- Super Lawyers Business Edition, Intellectual Property Litigation (2013-2015)
- Greensboro Best Lawyers, Intellectual Property - Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" (2018)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants (2013-2021), Intellectual Property Litigation (2017-2021) and Personal Injury Litigation (2020) in North Carolina by Best Lawyers
- Recognized in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for Litigation (2015, 2019) and Intellectual Property (2010, 2014, 2015, 2020, 2021)
- Benchmark Litigation, North Carolina Future Star (2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell's top (AV) Peer Review Rating