Rick's practice is dedicated to commercial litigation and trial practice. He regularly represents businesses in intellectual property matters involving patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, and regularly litigates other commercial and business disputes.
Before Fox Rothschild
Rick was a partner and General Counsel and Risk Manager at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Honors & Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property Litigation (2012-2019), Civil Litigation Defense (2008)
- Super Lawyers Business Edition, Intellectual Property Litigation (2013-2015)
- Greensboro Best Lawyers, Intellectual Property - Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" (2018)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants (2013-2020), Intellectual Property Litigation (2017-2020) and Personal Injury Litigation (2020) in North Carolina by Best Lawyers
- Recognized in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for Intellectual Property (2010, 2014, 2015), Litigation (2015, 2019)
- Benchmark Litigation, North Carolina Future Star (2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell's top (AV) Peer Review Rating