Rick is a problem solver. Whether this involves preventing litigation, pursuing alternative dispute resolution or trial, Rick has experience navigating a diverse array of business disputes involving contracts, real estate, professional license issues, employment and estate and trust matters. Rick is actively involved with pro bono matters, and he regularly represents prisoners in civil rights litigation. Among his professional successes, Rick has:
- Won a trial verdict on behalf of a dermatologist for unpaid wages and attorneys’ fees in a lawsuit against a major hospital system
- Obtained a defense verdict for a major fast food franchisee in a negligence claim
- Secured summary judgment for a landlord in a dispute with a car dealership tenant
- Successfully argued for the dismissal of a products liability claim against a Taiwanese sporting goods manufacturer
- Earned a favorable trial verdict for a commercial real estate company, including an award for attorneys' fees
- Bicycle Legislation Report, Northside Leadership Conference, January 2016
- Trade Secrets CLE, Association of Corporate Council, March 2016
- Social Media CLE, Association of Corporate Council, March 2017
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Rick was a litigation associate in the Pittsburgh office of a national law firm.
While in law school, Rick served as senior managing editor for the Law Review and was a Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Fellow for a charter school in Pittsburgh, where he taught a constitutional law course to high school seniors.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
An avid cyclist, Rick is actively engaged in the Pittsburgh cycling community. He serves on the Board of Directors for Bike Share Pittsburgh, Inc., a nonprofit organization that operates the HealthyRide bike sharing network, and is a member of the Executive Leadership Council of the American Diabetes Association, for which he organizes the annual Tour de Cure Gran Fondo. Rick is also the President of the La Prima Espresso Co. Cycling Team and sits on the Board of Directors of the Allegheny Cycling Association.