Rick is an experienced trial attorney with extensive experience in all phases of litigation. He serves clients in all industries with a particular focus on commercial contract disputes, restrictive covenants, real estate litigation and estate and trust litigation. Rick’s clients include oil and gas exploration and mid-stream companies, national financial institutions, commercial real estate companies and individuals. He is actively involved with pro bono matters, and he regularly represents prisoners in civil rights litigation. Among his professional successes, Rick has:
- Won a trial verdict on behalf of a dermatologist for unpaid wages and attorneys’ fees in a lawsuit against a major hospital system
- Obtained a defense verdict for a major fast food franchisee in a negligence claim
- Secured summary judgment for a landlord in a dispute with a car dealership tenant
- Successfully argued for the dismissal of a products liability claim against a Taiwanese sporting goods manufacturer
- Earned a favorable trial verdict for a commercial real estate company, including an award for attorneys' fees
- Bicycle Legislation Report, Northside Leadership Conference, January 2016
- Trade Secrets CLE, Association of Corporate Council, March 2016
- Social Media CLE, Association of Corporate Council, March 2017
- Cannabis Compliance for Healthcare Facilities, Western PA Healthcare Council, 2018
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Rick was a litigation associate in the Pittsburgh office of a national law firm where his practice involved insurance defense, bad faith litigation and product liability matters.
While in law school, Rick served as senior managing editor for the Law Review and was a Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Fellow for a charter school in Pittsburgh, where he taught a constitutional law course to high school seniors.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
An avid cyclist, Rick is actively engaged in the Pittsburgh cycling community. He serves on the Board of Directors for Bike Share Pittsburgh, Inc., a nonprofit organization that operates the HealthyRide bike sharing network. Rick is also the President of the La Prima Espresso Co. Cycling Team and has organized Pennsylvania state-wide championship cycling events.