Richard centers his practice on bankruptcy law, including insolvency, Chapter 11 reorganizations, Chapter 7 liquidation and other related matters.
He represents a range of corporate and individual clients and has served as liquidating trustee for the estates of various clients, as well as a Chapter 11 trustee in several matters.
Richard has served as:
- Trustee of The Kirk Corp., a multimillion-dollar estate involving an insolvent single family home developer
- Chapter 11 trustee for the estates of Hollywood Boulevard Cinemas, LLC, Markwell Hillside LLC d/b/a Holiday Inn Hillside, Commercial Loan Corp., Energy Savings, Inc. and Compton Presentation Systems
- Trustee for the estate of Madison Management Group, Inc., a case involving the prosecution and ultimate settlement of a multimillion-dollar claim against insiders of the debtor for diversion of assets
- Trustee for the estates of Geneva Securities, Inc. and GSI Investment Group, Inc., a case involving a complex Ponzi-scheme
- Trustee for the estates of Andy Frain Services, Inc. and Karroll’s Mens Fashions, Inc., cases involving the liquidation of icons of the Chicago business community
Before Fox Rothschild
Richard was Of Counsel at Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Honors & Awards
- Named an "Illinois Leading Lawyer" by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company (2018)