Rob is a corporate attorney focused on advising businesses with structuring, negotiating and documenting various complex business agreements including commercial sales and distribution agreements, international business transactions, mergers, acquisitions, lending transactions, entity formation and general corporate and contractual matters.
- Sales and Distribution Contracts: Advising clients on all aspects of purchasing and selling raw materials and finished goods, including supply agreements, distribution agreements, independent sales representative agreements and warranty issues.
- International Business Transactions: Counseling clients with respect to the risks associated with cross-border transactions, including assisting foreign companies to locate and do business in the United States and assisting domestic clients on various aspects of foreign ventures, including cross-border sales and purchase issues, financing, joint ventures, export and import compliance, regulatory compliance and international dispute resolution.
- Mergers/Acquisitions: Representing business clients across various industry sectors in issues associated with acquisition, sale, restructurings, joint ventures and business combination transactions from pre-deal planning through resolution of post-closing issues.
- Finance/Lending: Advising both lenders and borrowers on all phases of financing transactions, including acquisition financing, commercial lending, bond financing, loan workouts and debt restructurings.
- Entity Formation: Counseling clients on all aspects of entity selection and formation matters, including shareholder agreements, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and joint ventures.
- Outside General Counsel: Serving as outside general counsel to clients on a daily basis with respect to various legal issues associated with operating a successful business, including employment agreements, consulting agreements and forms of purchase orders and sales documentation.
Before Fox Rothschild
Rob was a partner at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Outside of Fox, Rob tries to fit in an occasional round of golf or tennis match when he is not enjoying family time with his wife and twin sons.
Rob has enjoyed getting to know and working with fellow business and community leaders through his involvement in various community activities. He is a graduate of Leadership Greensboro and volunteers his time with United Arts Council of Greater Greensboro, Greensboro Opera Company, The Future Fund of the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, United Way of Greater Greensboro and Downtown Greensboro Incorporated.
Honors & Awards
- Named to North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, listed Business/Corporate (2009, 2013)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Corporate Law (2013-2019), Business Organizations, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law (2019) in North Carolina by Best Lawyers
- Recognized in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for Business (2008, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019), Corporate (2010, 2011), Young Guns (2011)
- Named to Triad Business Journal's 40 Leaders Under Forty (2005), awarded to the Triad's outstanding young business and community leaders
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®