Robert is a seasoned litigator whose practice focuses on complex bankruptcy disputes and commercial litigation matters.
In his bankruptcy practice, Robert regularly represents court-appointed fiduciaries in connection with Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases stemming from fraud and financial crimes. He has developed a reputation as a thorough and tenacious litigator who prosecutes fraudulent transfer, preference and professional liability claims with the objective of maximizing distributions to creditors. Robert also regularly represents debtors, creditors, creditors’ committees and liquidating trustees.
He brings the same skills and measured, but relentless approach to his commercial litigation practice in prosecuting and defending business, real estate, aviation, admiralty, sports and entertainment, motor vehicle and ERISA/employee benefits disputes.
- Prosecuted avoidance claims seeking more than $84 million in recoveries in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy case stemming from a massive check-kiting scheme.
- Served as special counsel to the Chapter 7 trustee in a bankruptcy case involving a $350 million international Ponzi scheme in which 7,000 victim-creditors obtained significant recoveries.
- Represented the Chapter 11 trustee of a law firm which collapsed following the revelation of a $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme perpetrated by the firm’s principal and secured recoveries which contributed to a 100% distribution to victim-creditors.
- Represented several Italian professional tennis players in connection with a suit against the ATP concerning provisions of the official rulebook for the sport.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Robert was a partner in the bankruptcy law and litigation practice of a Florida boutique law firm.
Before he became a lawyer, Robert served in the U.S. Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve. He completed Basic Combat Training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri in 1989 and Advanced Individual Training as a medic at Fort Sam Houston, Texas in 1990.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
In his free time, Robert enjoys spending time with his family and being active in his community. For the past several years, Robert has been a member of the Board of Trustees of Pace Center for Girls (Broward) and has co-chaired its Believing in Girls Empowerment Luncheon. Pace Center for Girls, Inc., with 21 centers in Florida, is a nationally recognized program offering year-round counseling, academics and life skills education for adolescent girls between the ages of 11 and 17 who are deemed at risk for juvenile delinquency, running away, substance abuse or academic underachievement. It is the only gender-responsive prevention and intervention program for girls in Broward County, Florida and has served over 7,500 girls and their families since it opened in 1992.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the list of "Florida Legal Elite" by Florida Trend in Bankruptcy & Workouts (2017-2018) and Commercial Litigation (2019)
- Named to the list of "Super Lawyers" for General Litigation in Fort Lauderdale (2018-2019)
- Recognized as a "Top Lawyer" by the South Florida Legal Guide (2014-2020)