Bob resolves difficult financial issues for clients and partners with them to find the most efficient and beneficial solution.
He represents debtors and creditors through the bankruptcy process and in informal, out-of-court workouts. He has represented clients in numerous industries including health care, telecommunications, manufacturing, real estate, retail, transportation and financial services. Highly experienced, Bob has participated in all aspects of the bankruptcy process. He has represented trustees, debtors, creditors and equity committees, secured and unsecured creditors, purchasers of assets and litigants in adversary proceedings.
Bankruptcy mediation has become a significant part of Bob’s practice. He was appointed the Special Mediator in the Lauth Investment Properties, LLC (Indiana) case and successfully assisted parties in reaching a global settlement that allowed for the confirmation of a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization. Bob was retained as the Mediator in the Eastern Livestock Co., LLC (Indiana) case and mediated a nine-party set of controversies that ultimately led to a settlement between seven of the parties and allowed the Trustee’s plan to be confirmed. Bob has also mediated numerous traditional two-party disputes such as preference, fraudulent conveyance and automatic stay controversies.
Bob's bankruptcy experience includes:
- Counsel to Coquina Investments in the Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler case (Florida)
- Appointed as the Fee Examiner in the City of Detroit Chapter 9 case (Michigan)
- Lead debtor counsel to Telesphere Communications, Inc., Adventist Living Centers, Inc., Bachrach Clothing, Inc., Ingersoll, Inc., and Perpetua, Inc. (Illinois)
- Appointed Special Mediator by the Court in Lauth Investment Properties, LLC (Indiana)
- Lead counsel to the Chapter 7 trustees of Peregrine Financial Group, Inc. (Illinois), McCook Metals (Illinois) and Jore Corporation (Montana) and the Chapter 11 trustee of Commercial Loan Corporation and McCook Metals (Illinois)
- Counsel to the Ad Hoc Committee of 2001A Bondholders in the United Airlines bankruptcy (Illinois)
- Counsel to the creditors committee in Nannovation, Inc. and the equity committee in Advanced Lighting (Illinois)
- Counsel to the Ad Hoc Committees of Non-Equity Partners in the cases of Keck, Mahin and Cate and Altheimer & Grey (Illinois)
In addition, Bob has extensive experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in the analysis, drafting and litigation of cases seeking the avoidance of preferential transfers and fraudulent conveyances. His experience includes:
- Lead plaintiffs’ counsel in fraudulent conveyance cases in Commercial Financial Services, Inc. (Oklahoma), Santa Fe Trail Transportation Company (Illinois), and BN Transport, Inc. (Illinois)
- Lead plaintiffs’ counsel in hundreds of preference actions in the cases of Santa Fe Trail, BN Transport, Telesphere (Illinois), Mego Financial Corp (Nevada), Jore Corporation (Montana) and Megafoods (Arizona)
Before Fox Rothschild
Bob was co-chair of the Bankruptcy, Reorganization and Creditors Rights practice at Shaw Fishman, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Bob completed the inaugural American Bankruptcy Institute/St. John’s Law School Bankruptcy Mediation Training Program in 2011. He was a member of the faculty for the 2012–2015 programs
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, Lifetime Achievement Award, American Bankruptcy Institute (2017)
- Named a "Leading Lawyer" for Bankruptcy/Restructuring by Chambers USA
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rating
- Named an "Illinois Super Lawyer" by Law & Politics magazine
- Named an "Illinois Leading Lawyer" by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company