Bob advises regional and national companies on compliance with employment laws at every level, internal policy issues, and delivers memorable training programs for employers and business leaders.
Bob counsels companies across an array of industries – biotechnology, hospitality and restaurant, travel and tourism, financial institutions, insurance, health care, manufacturing and distribution, real estate, construction, technology and nonprofit organizations. He helps employers navigate disputes and issues involving discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, wage/hour compliance, leaves of absence, disability accommodation, WISHA compliance, reorganizations and restructures and other employer obligations and workplace laws.
Compliance advice is a key focus of Bob’s practice. He reviews handbooks and employer policies and conducts internal audits and investigations to help keep clients compliant with federal, state and local labor and employment laws. Bob also presents highly entertaining and interactive seminars and training classes for managers and non-managers alike about a range of workplace issues. His most popular programs include:
- Maintaining a Respectful Workplace
- Accommodating Disabled Workers
- Managing Leaves of Absence and Employment Law 101: It’s Not Rocket Science
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Bob was a principal at Riddell Williams. He also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Robert R. Beezer on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and to the Honorable Gerry L. Alexander on the Washington Court of Appeals, Division II.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Bob is a frequent speaker on employment law topics and has published several articles. His update of employment law developments, held annually in June, has become an overwhelmingly popular event for his clients.
Honors & Awards
- Named among "The Best Lawyers in America" in Commercial Litigation and Labor and Employment Law (2017-2019)
- Ranked by Chambers USA (2015, 2017-2019)
- Named a “Washington Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers in Labor and Employment Law (2003-2019)
- Pro Bono Publico Commendations, Washington State Bar Association