Bob advises businesses on a wide range of employment issues.
His counseling practice includes guiding employers on discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, wage/hour compliance, leaves of absence, disability accommodation, WISHA compliance, affirmative action compliance and many other workplace issues.
Bob helps his clients comply with federal, state and local labor and employment laws by reviewing handbooks and employer policies, as well as conducting internal audits and investigations. He also presents highly entertaining and interactive seminars and training classes for managers and non-managers alike regarding myriad workplace issues. His most popular programs include:
- Maintaining a Respectful Workplace
- Accommodating Disabled Workers
- Managing Leaves of Absence and Employment Law 101: It’s Not Rocket Science
Bob represents companies in a wide array of industries, including aerospace, hospitality and restaurant, financial institutions, health care, manufacturing, utilities, real estate, construction, telecommunications, technology and nonprofit organizations.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Bob was a principal at Riddell Williams. He also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Robert R. Beezer on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and to the Honorable Gerry L. Alexander on the Washington Court of Appeals, Division II.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Bob is a frequent speaker on employment law topics and has published several articles. His update of employment law developments, held annually in June, has become an overwhelmingly popular event for his clients.
Honors & Awards
- Named among "The Best Lawyers in America" in Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management and Litigation – Labor and Employment (2017-2018)
- Ranked by Chambers USA (2015, 2017-2018)
- Named a “Washington Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers in Labor and Employment Law (2003-2018)
- Pro Bono Publico Commendations, Washington State Bar Association