Robin advises high-net-worth individuals, families, executives and businesses owners to help them achieve their overall wealth transfer objectives.
Focusing her practice on trust and estate law, Robin assists her clients with business succession planning, estate planning, tax planning, and a wide range of related matters. She is particularly adept at identifying solutions to complex estate planning issues and implementing strategies to minimize taxes and avoid future family conflicts. Robin designs sophisticated, individualized, wealth transfer plans that utilize advanced techniques to achieve clients’ overall goals.
In addition, Robin handles intricate estate and trust administrations and routinely guides individual and corporate fiduciaries and beneficiaries through the probate and trust administration process. Robin also works closely with trial lawyers on controversies involving wills and trusts.
- Saved millions in estate taxes through long-term lifetime planning involving formation and administration of multi-generational irrevocable trusts, comprehensive gifting plan, multi-level entity formation and proper administration including partnerships and LLCs after death of a client.
- Developed comprehensive plan for transitioning ownership and management of a multimillion-dollar family business to the next generation.
- Through proper planning and documentation during the lifetime of long-term client, swiftly and efficiently responded to an IRS gift tax audit after the client's death, resulting in the receipt of a federal gift tax closing letter accepting returns as filed and ending the audit.
- Successfully represented individual trustees in a highly contentious case raising breach of fiduciary duty challenging fiduciary accounting after navigating comprehensive discovery process, multiple hearings and resulting in settlement prior to trial.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Robin was a partner in the Private Client Services group at a national law firm.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America list, Trusts and Estates Law in Minnesota (2019, 2021)
- Minnesota Super Lawyers (2018-2020); Rising Star (2014-2017)
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota Bar Association (2011, 2012, 2014-2018)