Robyn is a member of the firm’s corporate and entertainment practices advising start up and established entities as well as individuals in various industries including entertainment, marketing, software, hospitality, fashion, insurance and capital markets, on:
- Entity formation, corporate structure and governance
- Complex operating, shareholder and joint venture agreements
- Acquisition and sale of businesses
- Financing and fund raising
- Employment matters
- Intellectual Property matters
- Various commercial transactions and agreements
Robyn has created a niche counseling entertainment related companies and individuals on a wide range of matters including:
- Choice of entity/proper structure for bands to collect various income streams (publishing, touring, record royalties) and own their intellectual property assets
- Drafting detailed band member /shareholder and operating agreements governing the rights and obligations of band members
- Acquisition of publishing catalogs and master recordings
- Stock acquisition of independent record label
- Stock and asset sale of entertainment related software business
- Minority Investment in music marketing and distribution company
- Fundraising for film productions, theatre productions, record labels as well as drafting related offering memorandums to comply with securities laws
- Negotiate and/or draft various agreements for music, theatre, film and TV some of which are: exclusive management agreements; producer agreements, label agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements, publishing agreements, option agreements, composer agreements, work-for-hire agreements; non-disclosure agreements, releases, and talent agreements.
Before Fox Rothschild
Robyn was an associate in the corporate department of Pastore Osterberg LLC. Prior to that, she served as in-house counsel for a bicoastal start-up and a closely-held premium cigar retail, distribution and manufacturing company. She was the VP of legal and business affairs for the latter as well as Director of Marketing. Robyn's previous experience as an entrepreneur informs her role as a trusted advisor to clients.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Robyn is a mother of two daughters, Juliette and Ava. She is also a DJ and spins hip hop and house the old school way.
Robyn was a co-founder of the Tsunami Mommies, a not-for-profit organization that helped raise funds to rebuild schools in countries devastated by the 2004 Tsunami.
Before getting her JD, Robyn assisted a literary and talent agent representing writers, directors and below-the-line talent in the Gersh Agency, NY.
Robyn is co-chair of the Fairfield County Bar Association Entertainment Committee.