Sal has nearly four decades of experience handling medical staff, patient care, behavioral health, bioethical, confidentiality, governance and labor management issues for medical centers and hospital networks. He provides guidance to boards, corporate officers and senior decision-makers on risk management, regulatory compliance, corporate leadership, employment and workforce policy, as well as various malpractice claims and litigation management.
Sal's experience as general counsel for a major New York City medical center and hospital corporation allows him to provide nuanced counsel on labor relations and sensitive medical legal and mental health issues. He has overseen a number of major lawsuits, including class actions, and has spearheaded integral risk-management and corporate policy initiatives.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Sal was the senior vice president, general counsel, secretary to the board of directors and a corporate officer at the NYC Health+Hospitals, which includes 11 acute care hospitals, four long-term care facilities six diagnostic treatment centers, a health maintenance organization, an accountable care organization and a certified home health agency.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Sal has been an adjunct Professor of Law at Brooklyn Law School since 2009. Prior to this, he held a position as Adjunct Assistant Professor at the New York University School of Continuing and Professional Studies (1994-2002).
Honors & Awards
- Regents Recognition Award, Healthcare Leaders of New York (2018)
- Outstanding Public Service Award, Hofstra University School of Law (2007)
- Distinguished Guest Practitioner, Seton Hall Law School Health Law and Policy Program (2006)
- Senior Level Healthcare Executive Regent’s Award, American College of Healthcare Executives (2003)
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation Diversity Award (2002)
- Xaverian High School Distinguished Alumni Award (2000)
- Metropolitan Health Administrators’ Association Award of Distinction (1999)
- American Bar Association AIDS Coordinating Committee Outstanding Service recognition as a Member and then as Chair (1997)
- Metropolitan Health Administrators’ Association Award to a Member of the Board for Outstanding Service to Organization (1996)
- New York State Bar Association Award In Recognition of Contributions to the Association as Chair of the Special Committee on AIDS and the Law (1992)