Sam is the Litigation Department administrative partner in the Exton office and litigates disputes in courts and administrative fora throughout Pennsylvania. Sam’s pragmatic, business-like approach helps clients resolve disputes efficiently and cost-effectively.
Sam has significant experience in disputes involving pipeline installation in Pennsylvania’s Delaware Valley. He has helped landowners protect their property rights against interference by the utility installing the pipeline.
Sam also has obtained approvals for hundreds of assignments of lottery prizes and structured settlement proceeds. Sam manages the firm’s practice in this area, which encompasses the representation of financial services companies throughout the United States, including the courts of Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Colorado, California and Nevada.
Sam also currently is Solicitor to Exeter Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, and handles matters for municipalities and school districts throughout the state.
Representative matters in the past three years include the following:
- obtained approval of $93.5 million sale of wastewater facility in contested proceeding before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission;
- defended consumer class action on behalf of financial services company arising out of assignments of structured settlement proceeds approved by Virginia state courts;
- defending regional health network in multimillion-dollar contract dispute;
- obtained preliminary injunction precluding departing physician from competing with former medical practice;
- obtaining extraordinary relief for construction firm concerning its land use rights; and
- defeated a contractor’s request for a preliminary injunction, which allowed a critical and significant land development project to move forward.
In addition, Sam handles contract drafting and negotiation, and provides counseling to clients regarding risk identification, mitigation and avoidance.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Sam resides in Chester County with his wife and children. He is active in many community and professional organizations.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Litigation in Pennsylvania (2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013-2017)*