Sam is Managing Partner of the firm’s Exton office and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. His pragmatic, business-like approach helps clients resolve disputes efficiently and cost-effectively.
Sam has significant experience in disputes involving the pipeline installation throughout Pennsylvania’s Delaware Valley, helping both commercial and residential landowners protect their property rights against interference by the utility installing the pipeline. He also represents businesses and individuals in disputes in Pennsylvania courts, federal courts and administrative bodies.
Sam also litigates specialty finance matters, including disputes and transactions involving the assignments of lottery prizes and structured settlement proceeds. Sam manages the firm’s practice in this area, which encompasses the representation of financial services companies throughout the United States, including the courts of Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Colorado, California and Nevada.
Sam also represents municipalities throughout Pennsylvania.
- Obtained approval of $93.5 million sale of wastewater facility over objections in contested matter before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission;
- Obtained judgment for municipality in hotly contested zoning dispute over location for construction of $3 million bus facility;
- Successfully defended financial service company in high stakes dispute over assignments of structured settlement proceeds;
- Defending specialty finance company against claims of fraud in procuring sales of structured settlement proceeds;
- Successfully defended regional health network against a $28 Million claim, with client ultimately bearing no liability to plaintiff;
- Obtained preliminary injunction precluding departing physician from competing with former medical practice;
- Obtained extraordinary “mandamus” relief for construction firm concerning its land use rights;
- Defeated physician’s request for injunction, precluding physician from unwinding medical practice’s dismissal of his employment; and
- Defeated a contractor’s request for a preliminary injunction, allowing a critical land development project in Southeastern Pennsylvania to move forward.
In addition, Sam handles contract drafting and negotiation, and provides counseling to clients regarding risk identification, mitigation, and avoidance.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Sam resides in Chester County with his wife and children. He is active in many community and professional organizations.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Litigation in Pennsylvania (2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013-2017)*