Sandra is a partner in the firm's Family Law Practice. From the inception of her legal career as a clerk to the presiding family court judge in Morris County to her current role as chair of the Essex County Bar Association’s Family Law Committee, Sandra has emerged as a leader in New Jersey divorce and family law.
Sandra has dedicated her legal career to the thoughtful and diligent representation of clients in divorce and family law matters. A certified mediator and a compassionate and creative attorney, she takes a solution-oriented approach, working closely with clients to identify their goals and develop a strategy that effectively and efficiently meets those goals.
Sandra’s clients are as diverse as the issues they face. She provides representation at every level, including complex and sophisticated family law matters, often representing high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, corporate executives, professionals and business owners or their spouses. She handles a full range of family law matters, from the negotiation of prenuptial agreements to separation and divorce proceedings, mediations and arbitrations, trials and post-judgment matters and appeals.
Sandra’s divorce clients face issues of alimony, child custody, child support and the equitable distribution and division of a wide range of assets, including family businesses, real estate, vested and unvested stock options and inherited or family wealth.
She also represents clients in a full array of post-judgment matters, including property or marital settlement agreement enforcement, college contribution disputes, modifications of alimony or child support and appeals from unfavorable judgments. Additionally, she assists clients in negotiating prenuptial agreements to protect premarital assets, income, family assets and future inheritances.
Sandra represents same-sex couples in complex and rapidly evolving areas of family law that include custody disputes between biological and non-biological parents and same-sex alimony, child support and asset distribution.
Her multifaceted family law practice also includes:
- Custody & parenting time
- Dissolution of civil unions & domestic partnerships
- Equitable distribution and division of assets
- Prenuptial/Ante-nuptial agreements
- Child support
- Non-dissolution matters
- Domestic violence
- Grandparent visitation
- Post-judgment enforcement and modification of agreements, judgments and orders
- Mediation & arbitration
- Collaborative divorce
- Appellate practice
Before Fox Rothschild
Sandra was previously a partner in the Morristown office of a New Jersey law firm, where she served as head of the family law practice group. Sandra was a law clerk to the Honorable Stephan C. Hansbury of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Part, Morris County.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Sandra is active in the legal community. She serves as a trustee of the Essex County Bar Association, as well as chair of its Family Law Committee. Additionally, Sandra volunteers as a pro bono attorney for the National Council for Jewish Women and for Partners for Women & Justice.
Sandra was appointed to the Supreme Court of New Jersey District XB Ethics Committee for West Morris and Sussex Counties. She is also a panelist for the Essex and Morris County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panels, and frequently speaks at various continuing legal education seminars.
Honors & Awards
- Named among the “Best Lawyers in America” for Family Law (2019)
- Named a Top Family Law Attorney in Morris by the Morris/Essex Magazine (2018)
- Recipient of the Good Scout Award by the Boy Scouts of America (2018)
- Named Among the 2018 Top 25 Leading Women Intrapraneurs by Leading Women Entrepreneurs
- Included in the list of "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2014)
- Selected as a "New Jersey Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2008-2018)
- Selected for inclusion in the National Association of Professional Women
- Included in the list of Ten Leaders for Divorce in New Jersey Under Age 45 (2012-2018)