Sandy’s practice involved a broad range of general corporate and transactional matters. His clients included closely held businesses; manufacturing, distribution, retail and consulting clients; professional service firms and practices; and entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. A significant portion of Sandy’s practice was focused on ownership transition and developing shareholder, operating and partnership agreements among owners.
Sandy served as an outside general counsel and business adviser to his closely held business clients, providing practical guidance on their legal and business issues and finding strategic solutions to help them achieve their goals. Sandy had a strong understanding of his clients’ operations, advising them through the corporate life cycle, from formation and growth to developing and implementing an exit strategy. This involved handling a wide range of legal issues, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate counseling and contract negotiation
- Buying, financing and selling businesses
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Partnership buyouts and business separations
- Succession and business planning
- Risk prevention
Sandy had extensive experience serving as a fiduciary for his clients, including as an executor and trustee in probate matters and in the administration of trusts.
In addition, with established relationships throughout the financial services and investment banking community, Sandy was skilled at pairing companies with the right advisers, lenders and business leaders.
Sandy is a former elected member of the firm’s Executive Committee and a former Chair of the firm’s Corporate Department.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2005-2007)
- Honored by HIAS Pennsylvania at its 2018 Golden Door Awards