International Dispute Resolution – The Enforcement of International Judgments, Arbitral Awards and Settlement Agreements
How should you draft cross-border contracts to ensure they will be enforceable? When representing international clients, will you be able to compel performance or enforce monetary awards? How can you enforce and collect on a judgment in another country?
Join Fox Rothschild’s Sarah Biser, Mark Hess, Jeffrey Pollock and Craig Tractenberg as well as International Construction Arbitrator Aisha Nadar and Kai Uwe Karl, Global Chief Litigation Counsel at GE Renewable Energy for a discussion of the best practices for drafting and enforcing international contracts and what treaties are available to help your clients.
This program will discuss:
• The New York Convention:
- Enforcement of international arbitral awards
- Issues that have arisen since its inception / status of revisions to Convention
• International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID):
- Enforcement of Investment Disputes
• The Singapore Convention on Mediated Settlements:
- What is the Singapore Convention? Nuts and Bolts of How it Works
- Prerequisites to Enforcement
• Proposals for Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments:
- Why Uniform Enforcement is Needed